myLegion.org Icon
Legion.org Icon Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube Icon News Feed Icon

601 W. Pine St, Mt Holly Springs , Pa 717-486-7585

South Mountain American Legion Post 674

Community News

==================================================================

 

http://www.visitcumberlandvalley.com/the Cumberland Valley Visitors Center located in the History on High - The Shop, 33 W. High St, Carlisle, PA 17013. Pick up free helpful brochures and travel maps, such as the Official Cumberland Valley Visitors Guide, the Official Cumberland Valley Map and the Local Farm Food & Outdoor Attractions Guide. Our friendly, knowledgeable visitor services representatives would love to guide you to attractions, shops, restaurants, local events and more. Expecting visitors? Contact the Cumberland Valley Visitors Bureau at 888-513-5130 for local information for your guests, including welcome packets

=========================================================================

 

Mt. Holly Springs Borough  

Our Town History

Mount Holly Springs history can be traced back as far as 1750 when the first settlers migrated here after the French and Indian War.  Since that time, the town had many names including Trent's Gap, Papertown, Kidderminister and finally, Mount Holly Springs.  The first iron works started in Trent's Gap in 1765 and the industry lasted until as late as 1851.  The paper industry started in 1812 and, because of the availability of pure water springs, continues to flourish to this day.

In 1873, when the Borough was incorporated, the town was named Mount Holly Springs for the holly trees that grew in the gap of the mountains through which the Mountain Creek flowed.  In the mid-1800's the town was a popular summer resort as people flocked to 'Holly Park', which is now the site of the Mount Holly Marsh Preserve.  The Holly Trolley was the mode of transportation to travel from Carlisle to the park. 

 

========================================================================================

 

 Welcome to the picturesque village of Boiling Springs.  Beautiful scenery, fly fishing, the oldest public pool in Cumberland County, quaint Bed & Breakfasts, plus theatreand local events.  Founded in 1845*, but settled prior to 1737, Boiling Springs is a village that surrounds the Children’s Lake, right on the Appalachian Trail.  The Memorial Clock Tower, erected in 1956 and the Boiling Springs (Grist) Mill, on record as early as 1785, are two landmarks in the village.  The mill is one of, if not the most photographed building in the village.

Legionsites | Sign In